Saturday 20 July 2013

Red Velvet Cake


Red Velvet Cake

image

Red velvet cake is one of my go to recipes when it comes to baking for friends. Nothing says happy birthday like 4 layers of seductively crimson chocolate cake sandwiched between cream cheese frosting. 

You may think I am getting a little over excited however wait until you try it, you wont be disappointed.

imageimage

I use Hummingbird Bakery's recipe which you can find here:

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/475341/Red-velvet-cupcakes

I double the quantities and divide the mixture between 4 x 20cm cake tins. You can decorate these cakes many ways, cake crumbs, fresh fruit and chocolate truffles are some of my personal favourites. 

This deep red cake with a hint of chocolate is perfectly balanced by the luscious cream cheese frosting and will make a stunning centrepiece to any event (or just accompanying your morning coffee). 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment